- Before you begin to cook the sauce, measure out all of the sauce ingredients, lay the salmon out on the foil, & warm the grill. The sauce cooks very fast.
- Butter is the only fat I’ve used that this is good with. I have tried other fats, but the recipe really is better with butter. If you use less than 2 Tbsp, there isn’t enough liquid to coat the fish.
- This sauce comes out very spicy. The original recipe called for 2 tsp red pepper flakes. I have reduced it to only 1/2 tsp. Adjust this based on your preference.
3. Lay the salmon out on 2 long pieces of aluminum foil, arranged in a cross. You will be pouring the finished sauce over the fish, wrapping/tenting the foil, & grilling the fish in the foil packet. Make sure the foil is long enough to do this.
4. In a small skillet, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, reduce the heat to medium & add the minced garlic. Cook the garlic 30sec-1min. Don’t let it brown.
6. Pour the sauce over the salmon, then tent the foil, being careful not to push the top of the foil onto the fish. Grill the foil packet for 10-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon fillet.
Tonight I served this with brown Basmati rice & leftover roasted vegetables. Here are other sides I have served this with: mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, asparagus, green beans, salad.
If you make this, let me know what you think!
B+ingredient breakdown (first is the B+ rating from ER4YT, second is my SWAMI Nomad/B+ rating). At this point, I mainly follow the bloodtype guidelines.
(Please see the disclaimer at the bottom of the website regarding this table.)
sockeye salmon: B+ beneficial, nomad/B+, diamond
butter: B+ neutral, nomad/B+ superfood
tamari: B+ neutral, nomad/B+ avoid
brown sugar: B+ neutral, nomad/B+ avoid
honey: B+ neutral, nomad/B+ superfood
red pepper flakes: B+ neutral, nomad/B+ avoid
Following Eat Right For Your Type? Click here to jump to Dr. D’Adamo’s Typebase Index to see how the ingredients in this recipe work for you.
Do you want to learn more about the Blood Type Diet? See the links I have posted in the left column of this site under the heading “Learn More About the Blood Type Diet.”